JARACAL

Forum vir die Jagter/Forum for the Hunter
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:22 am 

Quote:
"Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is." ~ Ephesians 5:17

LIFT SONGS OF PRAISE TO THE LORD

God wants us to walk as wise men and women, and not as fools (see Ephesians 5:15). Now, He will not tell us to walk in wisdom without showing us how. That is why His Word goes on to say, “Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.”

So what is the will of God? The next two verses tell us how to identify it: “And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation/(losbandigheid); but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord ” (Ephesians 5:18–19).

As you allow yourself to be filled with the Spirit by lifting songs of praise to the Lord, singing or speaking (God knows some of us can’t sing!) psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, and making melody in your heart to the Lord, God promises that you will know what His will is for your situation. You will then have the wisdom to decide wisely what to do next.

I have found this to be true in my own life. Whenever I face a difficult situation, the more I think about it, the more confused I get. The more I try my best to come up with a smart solution, the further the answer seems to get from me. But when I turn away from my problem and turn to God, singing in the Spirit and praising Him, I get a clearer perspective of the problem when I come back to it later. I also find an inner prompting to make certain decisions which in the end, turn out to be better than anything I could have come up with on my own.

So my friend, lift up songs of praise to the Lord, whether times are good or bad. For when you fill your mouth with praises to God, He will lead you and guide you in all the affairs of your life. Even if you are stuck with a problem, He will show you the way to go or make a way out for you. Either way, you will get the wisdom and help that you need!

En in die volgende verse in Efesiërs 5:15-19 (1983 vertaling) is dit duidelik vir ons geskrywe -
Quote:
15 Wees baie versigtig hoe julle lewe: nie soos onverstandige mense nie, maar soos verstandiges.

16 Maak die beste gebruik van elke geleentheid, want ons lewe in 'n goddelose tyd.

17 Moet daarom nie onverstandig optree nie, maar probeer te wete kom wat die Here wil dat julle moet doen.

18 Moet julle nie aan drank te buite gaan nie; daarmee gaan losbandigheid gepaard. Nee, laat die Gees julle vervul,

19 en sing onder mekaar psalms, lofgesange en ander geestelike liedere; sing met julle hele hart tot eer van die Here.

We are honest, trustworthy and reliable.
www.techfund.co.za

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:38 pm 

Baie dankie weereens vir dagstukkie. Waardeer elke 1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:05 pm 

Baie dankie altyd iets om na te dink. Amen