Forum vir die Jagter/Forum for the Hunter
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:59 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:23 am 

Berig uit Austalie

Rob Wells, 31, had been collecting firewood when he was impaled by a branch
A tree branch pierced through his farm buggy's firewall and into his thigh
Gruesome photos show the massive wattle tree pinning him while in his car

A 31-year-old man was left impaled by a tree branch while collecting firewood during a 'freak accident' at home.
Rob Wells was driving his farm buggy by his home near Camden, south-west of Sydney, on July 21, when a wattle tree became stuck underneath the vehicle.
He had been driving 10km/h in bushland when the branch came up through the vehicle's firewall, punctured his right leg and exited through the top of his thigh.

'The wattle tree it went in through below my knee and out through my thigh. The force of the impaling was enough to stop the buggy and stall the motor.'
Wells said he 'struggled to hold' himself as he spent and an hour and half with the stick through his leg before emergency services cut the tree and rushed him to the hospital.
Doctors told Wells he could've lost his leg, or even his life, if the branch had pierced his main artery.

'Later that night I was admitted into emergency surgery to remove the tree, they basically butterflied my leg open from my inner thigh/groin to my ankle to flush the wound and repair the muscle, I have nerve damage and it was a couple of millimeters from my main artery, it didn't hit bone and I'm thankful I still even have a leg.'
Wells said the accident means he will be 'out of work for some time' and has since launched a GoFundMe campaign with a goal of $15,000.
'This has now caused me to be out of income and as a result from many surgeries I cannot bend my knee and I do not have any personal insurance,' he said on the page.
'I have personal bills and debt, as well as costs from surgery and the rest. I'm going to be immobile for quite some time so any donation is going to be greatly appreciated.'
The campaign has since raised more than $7,000 in four days.
Wells shared an update on his recovery on Wednesday with a photo of his stitches saying 'everything looks great.'
'All I ask is for you to have a quick read of my story, if we can share it around and let people know how quickly life can change, especially if you are someone who loves to ride motorcycles in the Bush or 4x4ing, buggy's or family fun days with kids on bikes, let everyone understand that a simple tree/branch can stop you in your tracks literally.'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:37 am 

Een van die dae gaan ons "danger allowance" moet betaal vir die kierriekoppe wat hout gaan haal vir die jagkamp kamp.... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkyodoc7GAs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ejJG_bRenU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:27 pm 

tripodmvr wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ejJG_bRenU

Liewe bli....sem :):

CZ P07 Gen 2 - 9mm P
Howa 6.5 Creedmoor